EYE BROW AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Congratulations on your newly tattooed brows, the aftercare you need to follow is just as important as the preparation steps you took to get here. You have completed your first brow procedure; followed by a second treatment to be booked within 2 months of the initial application procedure to prevent additional fees. Following these simple instructions will allow you to enjoy your brows for years to come
Immediately after your procedures, the tattooed area will look much darker and bolder as the pigment oxidises upon application and leaves you with a dramatic look, the design will look very bold. After the first week the area will settle and fade and within 2 to 3 weeks you will be left with a very natural hair stroke similar to that of your natural brow hairs and color.
In the first few hours after procedure dab off an plasma as this will crust or scab on the new tattoo area.
- It is important to avoid getting your eye brows wet for one week after brow tattoo treatment, this includes staying out of the ocean and swimming pools and avoid vigorous workouts that make you drip perspiration onto the brow.
- Avoid sun after your tattoo procedure as this will make the tattoo fade faster, it is best to avoid direct sun exposure for the first 2 weeks after procedure. SPF sunblock must be worn everyday throughout all seasons as sun exposure will effect the pigment causing it to lighten, fade or change the color of the hair stroke.
- Avoid facial treatments peels, exfoliation, masks and active ingredients such as AHAs (alpha hydroxy acid), Antioxidant and Retinol for the first 14 days.
- Avoid vigorous workouts hot saunas, spas; solarium and swimming for the first 1 or 2 months were possible. Our individual nature will determine how the pigment will penetrate for each of us. Most first applications will tend to have an 80 to 85 percent natural fade out of color and strokes so any type of workout where you are over excreting and perspiring will only push the color out further. It is recommended to allow a minimum of 5 days to 1 week for your brows to settle before hitting your workout session.
- Begin with only a smear of tattoo healing cream, this is to be worn morning, afternoon, evening and before shower time. Keeping the brows moist is the key; continue with the healing cream for 1 to 2 weeks, day and night. Do not use already opened products you may have at home as it may be contaminated and use separate swabs when dipping into product for each eyebrow to maintain hygiene and avoid infection. Please do not touch the newly tattooed area with your hands to avoid infection. If infection occurs please contact your doctor right away.
- You may experience some dryness, flakiness and if you have been bleeding some scabbing. When itching and scabs appear please avoid picking or scratching the area as this will cause the loss of brow work. Keeping the brows moist is the key to assist minimise the scabbing and loosing precious tattoo work before it bonds.
Please do not pick peel tap or scratch the tattoo area.
To keep the brows moist is the key and will assist with healing however if you have naturally oily skin aftercare products may not be necessary.
Finally enjoy your brows and be patient
The maintenance from here on in will be simple.
General grooming will be required; Your usual shaping, tweezing, threading or waxing and tinting grey brow hair are all part of general brow grooming and maintenance.
Please follow the after care and don’t forget that referrals can earn you discounts for your following appointments.