HOW LONG WILL THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
The initial treatment requires 2 to 3 hours and your second and third treatment can be anywhere between 45mins to just over an hour as this is a touch up treatment not a re do of the initial treatment. Change of mind regarding new colour, shape and thickness will incur an additional fee.
- Clean and remove all make-up from eye brow.
- Your tattoo artist then assesses, discusses, designs and draws the shape recommended for your face shape for you to view.
- A colour is then tested and selected closest to your natural brow colour, keep in mind as the ink oxidises it will darken before fading to your natural colour.
- Topical Anaesthetic numbing cream is then applied for a little over half hour to your brows to alleviate any discomfort you may experience as everyone’s pain threshold varies.
- Commence application and brow tattooing process.
IS IT A ONE OFF PROCEDURE?
The manual feather stroke method is completed over a series of two or three sessions in order to obtain the detail and assist in a semi-permanent effect.
Cosmetic tattooing is a layering process that often requires two or more procedures for the best possible result. Not all skin types need to be retouched however some skin types will only absorb a small amount of pigment in any one session and will require several treatments. If you are one of these skin types, persevere, you will love the results. A second treatment is complimentary within the first 4 to 8 weeks of initial treatment and a third treatment is charged at a lesser rate of the initial treatment within 4 to 6 months of initial treatment.
- Beginning with an initial treatment assessing, discussing, designing and drawing the brow shape recommended for your face shape.
- Second progression- Adjustment procedure is similar to the initial treatment where by the skin is cleaned, numbing cream applied; strokes are added to further enhance your brow look in both shape and colour.
- Third follow up appointment is the same again finalising detail leaving you with semi-permanent brows that only need to be tinted if you have grey hairs and tweezed or waxed to maintain the surrounding growth every once in a while.
HOW LONG WILL THE PROCEDURE LAST?
There are many external and internal contributing factors that may affect the longevity of this procedure. Depending on how many strokes, how the colour implanted takes to your skin, how many sessions you have, your skin type and cell renewal, products you use, medication and the breakdown by the body ‘s natural responses. There is no guarantee in regards to how long the pigment stays in the skin, with proper maintenance you may expect to get 12 to 18 months of real definition before an annual top up maybe needed.
It becomes incredibly low maintenance as the need for filling in your brows becomes history.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECOVER?
Everybody heals in different stages; between 5 days to 10 days is the average time immediately after the treatment. The colour will be darker; the design bolder, there is some swelling and there may be slight bruising of the skin. Swelling usually disappears within a couple of days and complete healing occurs within 4 to 8 week.
IS BROW TATTOOING PAINFUL?
Anaesthetic cream is applied prior to the treatment and developed specially for cosmetic procedures to assist numbing the area. It is not a painful procedure although it may cause some discomfort dependant on the individual’s pain tolerance. Bleeding and slight pain are natural with this procedure and the feeling is like gentle scratches passing over the skin creating a slight stinging sensation, remembering everyone’s pain threshold varies.
WHAT WILL IT LOOK LIKE?
You may be a little shocked when you first look in the mirror as fair light skinned people developed quite dark initially however rest assured the colour will fade in a few days.
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
A MANUAL HANDHELD PEN tool with a lock-pin device is used to hold needles in place.
NEEDLES are packed individually and are sterile and disposable. The needles are designed perfectly in order to achieve solid and smooth line work to create the desired shape and volume of eye brows.
DAZZLING COLOR BROW MICROPIGMENT CREAMS are manufactured to be used on the face. The pigments are a natural plant base, extracted from nature and produced exquisitely with nanotechnology containing micro fine particles that are easily absorbed by the skin to achieve less fading and a truer colour. Most pigments are inorganic and the pigments themselves are made using coloured powders suspended in distilled water, alcohol and glycerine. I purchase my pigments from a reputable company who have very high quality control standards for cosmetic tattooing.
HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY BROWS AFTER TREATMENT?
Diligently applying Vaseline morning, evening and before shower time for the first 3 days followed by a healing gel for one week day and night to keep the brow moist throughout the day. It is important to avoid getting your eye brows wet for one week after your brow tattoo treatment; this is highly recommended to help retain strokes. You will also be given an aftercare instructions sheet that will be explained to you directly after your treatment to assist maintaining your brows.
CAN PERMANENT MAKE UP BE REMOVED?
Removal of tattoos is a lengthy and costly procedure. Several treatments may be required plus the period of recovery and pain between treatments make it important to choose you’re professional wisely. Invest time and do your research to find a properly trained professional.